Mission in Action - Mission Presbytery

Thursday, September 03, 2009

Thank you letter from Sarah Lyn Jones, YAV

Here is what Sarah Lyn Jones had to say:

"Mission, Outreach and Service Division,

Thank you all so much for your $300 contribution to my Young Adult Volunteer year in South India. Your spiritual and financial support makes it possible for me to answer God's call and do God's work in the world.

"I have been assigned to Bishop Moore College in the city of Mavelikara about 15 miles from the Southwest coast. There I will teach conversational English to college and primary school students, work with the college newspaper, volunteer at the community counseling center, assist at the local Church of South India and offer free lessons to children in the Dulit ("untouchable") community. I'm very excited! I can think of no better way to spend this year than helping to live out God's message of love and service to those who need it most.

"Thank you all again for your support, for me and for the people of Mavelikara.

Sarah Jones

"P.S. You can follow my journey on my blog.